A person can be bonded out at any time of the day. It will expedite the process if you call our office ahead of time to know how much money is needed to post the bond.
Each time an individual is booked into the county jail there are fees charged.
Fees when posting a bond will include:
$12.00 booking fee
$10.00 warrant fee (only applies if arrestee was picked up on a warrant)
There is also a fee if you choose to post bond with a credit/debit card. There will be a charge of $2.50 or 10%, whichever is greater and a $2.00 transaction fee if you post with cash.
Where to Pay Bonds
Bonds may be posted at the Alpena County Sheriff’s Office any time of day.
You may also post bond online at www.jailatm.com
Directions for use of jailatm
- Upper right hand corner click on Sign In
- Enter your email address (whether you already have an account or just signing up)
- Fill in personal details page and click save
- Create a password
- Confirmation will be sent to your email to finish the sign up process
- Click on the link in your email and enter your password
- Click send money now
- Enter Michigan for State
- Alpena County Sheriff’s Office for facility then type in the inmates last name
- Click on the inmates name when it comes up and enter payment information
Pursuant to MCL 750.167b(4), the circuit court annually creates an alphabetical list of bail bond agencies authorized to post bonds in the counties of Alpena and Montmorency. The annual bail bond list is published in January of each year. The most recent approved bail bondsmen list is available below.
To be added to the Alpena and Montmorency County’s approved bail bondsmen list, all information required by statute must be submitted to the following address:
720 W. Chisholm St., Ste. 1
Alpena, MI 49707
Please Note: All information must be received by December 29th of this year to be included on the list for the following year. Late submissions will not be included on the bond list.