Whether you are looking for a career for the first time, changing careers or returning from military service, deciding what career is right for you can be confusing. The right choice can offer you the right opportunities; professional advancement, a rewarding work environment, diversity in job options, service to your community and attractive benefits. At the Alpena County Sheriff’s Office we understand that these opportunities are an important part of your career building plan.
The Alpena County Sheriff’s Office is committed to providing the highest quality police service and protection to our residents and visitors of Alpena County. We are looking for career seekers who understand problem solving, critical thinking, are disciplined, good communicators, display integrity, honesty and commitment, want to make a difference and have a desire to serve their community.
If you feel that we are a good match, we can offer you a variety of exciting and challenging career opportunities that make a difference in the community in which you work, live and play.
Currently accepting applications for the following positions:
- The Alpena County Sheriff Office is now accepting applications for a Security / Reserve Deputy position for our local Air Force base / Base Security Division.
Information about the employment opportunity can be found by clicking Airbase Opening and job requirements. Application
- The Alpena County Sheriff’s Office is currently accepting applications for a Corrections Officer position for Alpena County Sheriff Office. Application
- The Alpena County Sheriff Office is now accepting applications for a Bailiff position. Information about the employment opportunity can be found by clicking Bailiff AD. The Alpena County Sheriff’s office is now accepting applications for part-time Bailiff’s position. Approximately 16 to 30 hours per week on average. The following criteria will apply to all applicants:
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Speak, read, write and understand English.
- Be drug free.
- Successfully pass a physical exam and pre-employment drug screening.
- Possess a valid Michigan driver’s license.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Be able to operate a personal computer and basic operating system programs.
- Have no prior felony or misdemeanor offenses or have any current pending litigation.
- Have knowledge and experience in handling firearms.
- Must pass a complete background check.
- Prior Law Enforcement Experience preferred.
Deadline for applications will be December 30th, 2017. Applications can be downloaded and returned to 320 Johnson Street, Alpena, Michigan.
The Alpena County Sheriff’s Office and the County of Alpena are equal opportunity employers.