Enforcement Options

As a party to a case, it is your responsibility to keep the Friend of the Court informed of any changes to your address, phone, and employment status. It is most beneficial to all parties to have a good working relationship with your Case Manager. Your Case Manager will work with you and guide you as to available options when unexpected things happen.

The Friend of the Court may utilize the following enforcement remedies in their efforts to collect court-ordered support:

  • Income Withholding Orders
  • Show Cause proceedings which may lead to a Bench Warrant
  • License Suspension
  • Tax offset
  • Administrative levy on financial accounts
  • Credit Bureau Reporting
  • Liens against assets (real estate, beneficiary interests, etc.)
  • Intergovernmental action

Additionally, the Attorney General's office may issue a felony non-support warrant if a case meets certain criteria.